Sunday 27 September 2009

Greetings from my holiday


Hi everyone. Here we are dressed up in our holiday clothes, lol. Just the thing for walking round in New England. The hotel here in Salem Massachusetts has a computer for guest use so here I am saying hi. We arrived on Friday evening and had a great day yesterday in the sunshine. Unfortunately this morning it is raining so we thought we would take the opportunity to view our pictures we had taken yesterday. I've always fancied having some of those old time photos taken and as these were available on a CD rather than prints decided to go for it. There was a choice of witches, naturally we are in Salem after all, pirates, 1920s or American Civil War. Having always been a fan of Gone With the Wind I couldn't pass up the chance to wear one of these lovely Southern Belle outfits. Doesn't hubby look smart in his soldier's uniform. He thinks he looks older on these photos, maybe because he isn't wearing his glasses. Thought I would share just one of the 50 photos they took. Off to the Witch Museum this morning which should be interesting. Leaving Salem early tomorrow and heading up to Freeport in Maine, then down to Cape Cod next weekend for 4 days and then Boston for a further 3 days, which is where I shall spend my Birthday. I don't know if any of those hotels will also have a PC I can use but if not catch my scheduled post next Sunday.

6 comments:

pinky said...

Love the photo Marianne, crikey you both look the part! lol. Glad you are having an excellent time. Take care.
Pinky

Victoria said...

wow looks fantastic great photo x

Jo said...

Glad you're having a fab time Marianne and enjoy your birthday and the rest of your holiday. Jo x

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne what a great picture! You do look like you are having fun! You look like movie stars!
You have won some candy, I have emailed you the details!
Hugs Lynsey x

dolcreations said...

Wow Marianne what a great picture! You guys look so distinguished! I love it! Your dress is just beautiful! Your hubby looks very handsome in uniform!
Have a great holiday!
Christine

dolcreations said...

Wow Marianne what a great picture! You guys look so distinguished! I love it! Your dress is just beautiful! Your hubby looks very handsome in uniform!
Have a great holiday!
Christine