Sunday 20 December 2009

Happy New Year


That's the theme over at Winter Wonderland. This is my first guest DT card for them and my first ever Happy New year card. It was the perfect card to send somebody who has gone to Florida for 3 weeks and returns to England on Boxing Day. There was no point in sending them a Christmas card so a New Year card welcoming them back from holiday is perfect. The image is Popcorn and the first time I have used him. It was such a fun image to colour and I decided to use a combination of reds, blues and gold. It made a real change to use so many colours on one card and should be one of my new year's resolutions to try more. As it is such a big image I kept the card simple by adding some swirls from a pack of die cuts from Michaels in America and some gold gems.

I hope you will join in the fun this week and check out the rest of the DT cards. Join me again there next week.

7 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for joining us as gdt for the next two weeks :O)

your card is gorgeous, fabulous image I love that bear!

Joey.x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous card! I love Popcorn ~ so cute.

Lisa x

Milnie said...

Ohh really lovely Marianne, popcorn is really cute and well colored!

Hugs from the snowy Netherlands ;)

dolcreations said...

Popcorn is such an adorable image and you coloured it perfectly. Love the Happy New year embellishment too! Great job Marianne!
Christine

Jo said...

Hi Marianne, this is lovely, I bought this stamp a couple of months ago and have not inked it yet, hope I can make it look as good as yours. Hugs Jo x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, this image is perfect for this theme. Love your card and the colours look great!
Hugs Lynsey x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, beautiful bear and what fab colours.
luv
Debby