Sunday 1 July 2012

Sew and Sew and another review

I had a lovely e-mail a few weeks ago asking me if I would like to be a guest designer for July at The Crafty Pad. So, for the next five Sundays I will be sharing my guest designer cards with you and here is the first one. The theme this week is natural so add any natural element such as leaves or feathers to your creation. Now how many of you have a bag of feathers which you rarely use. This was a great excuse for me to find mine and use them along with four of the digis from The Sewing Machine and Elements set from The Crafty Pad Shop. The paper is MME Wild Asparagus and I have used DI Vintage Photo. I added some small buttons and used my lovely new Tim Holtz on the edge die. I coloured the scissor handles with a Promarkers and used vintage baker's twine on the buttons and cotton reel.

We are sponsored this week by Digital Downloadables where you can win a £10 voucher


and also by Crafty Individuals
who are giving away this fabulous prize.

I have this paper pack and it is gorgeous.

I wouldl ike to enter this into the feathers challenge at CRAFT.

REVIEW
I was lucky enough to get an e-mail from a company called Hello Canvas asking me if I would like to receive a 20" x 28" canvas print in exchange for writing a blog post about it. 

It's from our first holiday in New England in 2003 and really has it all, white clapboard house, trees changing colour, American flag and pumpkins. The picture was taken on a Sony digital camera and wasn't a very high resolution. We were so impressed when the canvas print arrived. Our only reaction was Wow. The canvas almost has a 3D effect. It is beautifully mounted and here it is in pride of place in our lounge.


You can find Hello Canvas website here. Their prices are so reasonable and they are offering all readers of my blog a 5% discount if you use the code LBMAR2012. There is no expiration date for this code either. I can highly recommend them.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Marianne love the sewing elements, great canvas too! Jo xxx

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Lovely card Marianne. I love the backing paper you've used with this one.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Marianne, as always great images used and layout perfectly presented:)x

Sue said...

Stunning card Marianne. I love the sewing theme and all the gorgeous detailing

Hugs Sue

cotnob said...

Fab card Marianne, I love the vintage feel and your new edge die is perfect for the sewing images.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Pad as Guest Designer this month.
Pauline
x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Super card! I love all the sewing bits and bobs ... inc the buttons lol!

The canvas print looks amazing ... such a beautiful photograph :-)

Lisa x

Whisper said...

Superb, i'm so loving that Tim Holtz die, that i may have to treat myself!!, Luv Sam x

Jackie said...

A wonderful card and a stunning picture, so beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Marianne - and lovely to e working with you this month at TCP! Hugs Rachel xx

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Fabulous card Marianne - the feathers are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for being an inspiring Guest Designer this month!

Hugs, Estelle (The Crafty Pad DT) xx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh i love the sewing elements and that edge die is gorgeous
Lisa x

Berry said...

Just stunning Marianne hugs Rebekah xx

Dawn said...

Love your card Marianne! The feathers are just the perfect Natural touch!
Thanks for joining us as GDT this month!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lynsey said...

Fab card Marianne love the style of this! That edge die is great!
Hugs Lynsey x

Saskia Pullen said...

Love it. Good luck in the draw.

Saskia (DT C.R.A.F.T.)

sharon said...

What a fun card, I love the edge. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x