Wednesday 1 January 2014

Top 5 cards of 2013 (non Christmas)


I am playing along as usual with Debby's fun challenge. This was even harder than choosing my favourite five Christmas cards. Although Debby doesn't say they have to be non Christmas I like to choose 5 other cards as I have already chosen my fave 5 Christmas cards.

I had to start with a purple card and I sold this one on its first outing at a fair. I remember as the lady who bought it wanted it for somebody who was wearing purple to a masked ball, what a coincidence.

My second choice is a male card as I love making these as much as girly cards. I was so pleased with my colouring and love the layout too.

A young boy's card this time and I embraced the clean and simple look here. I love to make a variety of cards and as well as my many layered cards you will also be seeing more cas cards this year I think.

Back to layers and the vintage look which I also love. Somebody bought this for an older lady which I loved as some people think cute cards are only for children, unlike us cardmakers who know they are for everyone.


My final choice is one I didn't really want to sell. Photos don't always do cards justice especially shaped cards and this one was so pretty. I love the delicate image and she was one of the first images that I began to feel I was getting the colouring right having changed from Promarkers to Copics last year.


Thanks to everyone who has visited my blog in 2013 and especially those who leave so many lovely comments. I feel very privileged to have such wonderful followers.

Happy New Year everyone xx

27 comments:

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous selection of cards.xxx

misteejay said...

Fabulous selection Marianne. I love the variety that you have included in your collection.

I wish you all the very best for 2014.

Toni xx

Desire Fourie said...

Marianne this is a wonderful selection of cards and a great reflection of your beautiful creative style. {I would love you to take part in my 130,000 Page View Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Wishing you a wonderful 2014 and may it be all you want it to be. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Sarah said...

What a lovely mixture of styles you have showcased here Marianne, I particularly like the lad and his bear. Happy New Year xx

Sammy said...

Gorgeous selection Marianne! I especially love the Charlie Chaplin one and the vintage tea party! x

carol said...

Hiya..These are gorgeous Marianne a well deserved top 5, bet it was difficult. Happy New Year. x carol

Sue said...

Happy New Year Marianne, this is such a gorgeous selection of cards, I love them all.
Sue xx

Claire said...

A fabulous choice Marianne, all gorgeous. Hugs, Claire x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely beautiful - I can see why these are your favourites. Happy New Year to you!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Brilliant cards, your embellishments are gorgeous!
Rebecca.

Carol S. said...

Hi Marianne, A stunning selection of cards. I absolutely adore the last one. Sge is stunning and your colouring is unbelievable! Have a great New Year and hope the new boiler fitting goes ok. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy L said...

All so beautiful and so different. Lovely set of cards.

Jackie said...

Another beautiful favourite five selection :o)
Jackie xx

Debs said...

A gorgeous selection Marianne - your colouring is amazing especially the Charlie Chaplin image.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year - hope 2014 brings you all you wish for.
Debs xx

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Marianne your colouring is gorgeous truly beautiful they are xx

rachel said...

a wonderful collection of cards - real gems - I just adore the charlie chaplin one especially xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous selection Marianne...Happy New Year.
Wendy xx

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year!!
Wonderful choice of cards Marianne, each so different, hugs Kate x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous selection of cards MArianne - so gorgeous.
Happy New Year to you and your family
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

Happy new year dearie.absolutely beautiful selection of cards.Hope you are well.Big hugs x

Whisper said...

Aaah what a gorgeous collection of creations and good luck with your new heating system going in, too, Luv Sam x

Fiona said...

great selection of cards Marianne.

Fi
x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous selection of cards Marianne, such a wonderful variety of images and designs.
Pauline
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I cant decide which is my fav, they are all stunning, Love Hazelxo

Lynsey said...

Beautiful selection of cards Marianne! I love all of these!
Hugs Lynsey x

coops said...

love these Marianne.all so stunning ;D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Oh Marianne what wonderful selection of cards and look forward to 2014 creations.
Thank you for joining in with My Favourite Five of 2013
luv
Debby