Tuesday 28 January 2014

With Deepest Sympathy and pics of my holiday purchases


Unfortunately we all need sympathy cards at times and as I don't have any in my stock I need to make some. I like to keep thees fairly simple. You really don't want a fussy sympathy card. I stamped the Inkylicious flowers with Memento Rich Cocoa onto linen card and teamed it with a Craftwork Cards card blank, swiss dots ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and Bo Bunny Timepiece papers.

Challenges
As you like it Favourite C&S style and why (I love using stamps with no colouring and ribbon for CAS cards and love these shaped cards for added interest)
Delicious Doodles Use ribbon 
The Ribbon Girl Anything Goes

On a more cheerful note here is the stuff I bought on holiday. Apologies that the pics aren't great but the light was going and I wanted to take some pics. I hope I get time to put them away today but there is a mountain of ironing to start tackling and we need to go food shopping today. It may be later in the week before I find time to start crafting and catching up on blogging.

Items for altering and playing around with.


Scrapbook (£3, can you beleive it)


Mainly scrapbooking goodies


Lovely new stash

Have you entered my candy yet? I will have another shorty with some goodies I bought in Florida for one of my lovely followers.

23 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautiful. Love the wild flowers and the bold strong colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Joey said...

Marianne its lovely, I dont keep many in stock of these either, I find them really difficult to put together. I need to make 2 and I am struggling massively. Lovely new stash. Joey xx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the fab image and colours .xxx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful sympathy card Marianne, love all your new crafty bits.
Hugs Julie xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love the stamp, very appropriate for a Sympathy card. Glad to see you only did a small bit of shopping, lol -hope you enjoy.
Lorraine

rachel said...

super card marianne - and your goodies look wonderful - enjoy playing with them xx

Sue said...

Beautiful card and image.Fabulous new stash,Sue xx

Sue said...

Your card is beautiful Marianne.
Have fun with your new goodies!
Sue xx

Christine Dol said...

Very nice sympathy card Marianne.

Whew eee.....looks like you had a to pack a separate suitcase for all your goodies! Good for you!!!!!

Sandra H said...

Nice new goodies Marianne and your card is lovely x

Debs said...

Beautiful card Marianne - love the mix of Dp's and elegant image.
Gorgeous new stash - looking forward to seeing what you do with it :o)
Debs xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Marianne, Lovely card, very elegant. Great stash. That is the reason I would love to go there again, just to go the the enormous craft outlets. Been twice to Florida, so can't justify going again! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Annette said...

A beautiful card for a very difficult theme. It's perfect.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.


cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, lovely card, colours, image and design are all perfect for the occasion.
Wonderful new godies, have fun with them, hugs Kate x

susiestacey said...

Not the easiest of cards to do Marianne but it is lovely.
Lovely new stash x Susan x

Kat W said...

Ah yes, I am not so good at sympathy cards but I agree that a simple stamped design works really well and I do like the DP you picked to go with this one.

Wow, look at all your lovely goodies - that will keep you busy for a while... once you have finished unpacking, ironing and shopping!

Big hugs, Kat x

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Marianne. Perfect for the occassion.
Looks like you had a great time buying crafty stash on your hols!
Lorraine x

Loz said...

wow, looking forward to seeing what you make with all these goodies! xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne
Beautiful card and such lovely colours!
Your new stash looks lovely can't wait to see what you make with it.
Hugs Lynsey x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Marianne. Love all your scrummy stash hun. Hope you had a lovely holiday.

Donna x

coops said...

gorgeous sympathy card marianne and your new stash looks fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Crafting Vicky said...

Gorgeous Sympathy card! They are so hard to do but you have really done a fabulous job!

Love all the new goodies you have gotten, some pretty cool new toys and great deals!

Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

mags said...

Lovely sympathy card and looks like you got some great new stash.
Mags
x