Sunday 26 July 2009

Dahlia


This cute little girl is called Dahlia. Another card to take me out of my comfort zone. The colours of certainly celery, chocolate chip and perfect plum for Color Throwdown which is a challenge I found this week from another blog. I love colour challenges and this certainly was a challenge for me as I would not have thought of putting those colours together. However I am really pleased with the result. The lovely sketch is from Simon Says.
Stamp - Greeting Farm Dahlia
Coloured with Letraset Promarkers
Paper - Main is a freebie, purple is Papermania Amethyst Infusion, Brown is Papermania Simply Elegant
Die cuts - Nestabilities
Flowers -
Prima and others bought at show

9 comments:

dolcreations said...

Marianne this card is just adorable. I love the layout of the card and I love the colouring! I love the colour choices! Great job!
Christine

Barbara said...

So very cute!! Love that layout!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, this is very cute! I love the layout.
Hugs Lynsey:)

pinky said...

Marianne, thats a lovely image and you have used a great selection of colours very well indeed.
Pinky

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, the image is gorgeous and the papers and colours you used are fab ! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

Lorraine x x

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, beautiful cute image.
luv
Debby

Victoria said...

gorgeous a lovely card beautifully coloured x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

So cute and textile rich, great job!

Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

<3,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, so so cute!
Erin x