Wednesday 12 August 2009

Fabulous Sixty



I was asked to make a card using an elegant card for a 60th Birthday. I decided to go with the vintage theme as my mum had been having a sort out and gave me some lace and ribbon. It's the first time I have ever used lace on a card and as the lace had holes in it thought I would thread through some ribbon. I am really pleased with the result and shall definitely use this idea again. I added some white glitter to the fur on her outfit for a bit of sparkle. You're never too old for some sparkle. Now to the challenges. The sketch is from Friday Sketchers, the theme is vintage at Allsorts lace is required for Dutch Dare and S is for Sixty at Rainbow Lady, a new challenge for me, this one.
Image - Debbi Moore
Coloured with Letraset Promarkers
Paper - Papermania Boutique
Die cuts - Nestabilities
Flowers - Prima
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards
Number - Poundland
Gems and ribbon from stash
Lace from my mum

9 comments:

Victoria said...

this is beautiful so elegant

it is not pink I am short of but brown - not a colour that appeals to me at all lol x

Rainbow Lady said...

This is fabulous Marianne great image and lovely colouring. Thanks for taking part this week new folks are always welcome - a new challenge tomorrow. Love Cynthia x

Karin said...

Fabulous card Marianne.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo Karin

dolcreations said...

Marianne, I find this card very elegant. Very nice touch. Thank-you so much for letting me know that you can get glittery fun flock. I'm on the hunt! I really appreciate it...as I just love the look!
Christine

Gro said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Allsort this week.

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful Card!

Thanks for playing with my sketch and joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Jules said...

Hi Marianne

Mum's always have good stuff that can be used on cards .. .. LOL!!!

Your lace and ribbon looks lovely.

Great vintage card.

Thank you for joining in the fun over at Allsorts.

Love Jules xx

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne! This is a very elegant card! Love the lace!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great vintage card I love the image
thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Emma xxx