Sunday 13 December 2009

Merry Christmas to my Hubby


I can't believe how awful the weather is today. It is only 3.20 pm yet I have drawn the curtains as it is so dark and pouring with rain. Much prefer the snow on my blog.

I am feeling so organised as I wrapped the last Christmas pressies this afternoon. I finished my last 2 cards on Thursday and decorated the tree on Friday. I just love to see the lights on the tree, it makes the home feel so cosy. I also have several snowmen who are now all over the lounge along with the cards so I'm feeling ready for Christmas now.

Hubby and I exchanged cards yesterday. He told me his wasn't handmade but handpicked, lol! so I can now share the card I made him. I just love these new bear digi images from Pollyycraft and as I'm lucky enough that he also likes bears, I bought this digi image of Bronson and Beaker skating for his card. Papers are DCWV and I used my new MS punch on the edges. Snowflakes are Siizix and Cuttlebug die cut. Let it snow is also a Sizzix die. Lots of glitter and glitter card and some festive ribbon too. Luckily he loved it. (Thought I'd better not use my fave purple or pink!)
I may have a couple more Christmas cards to share once I know they have been received. Otherwise it will be back to birthdays etc.
Challenges
Pollycraft Sketch
Simon Says Let it Snow
Stamp Something Winter Wonderland
Kraftin' Kimmee Sparkle Baby
Magical Crafts Special Birthday or Christmas Card
Secret Crafter Snow

22 comments:

Milnie said...

Very cute card Marianne! Love the cute bear image from pollycraft!

Hugs

Liz said...

Wow That was quick Thanks so much for joining in the MCFC this week

Liz xx

jackiescrafts said...

Gosh that was quick Marianne, I love your card, the bear image is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at MCFC
Hugs Jackie x

Audrey said...

what an adorable card! i bet your hubby loved it! you did a wonderful ob coloring in the image! i can see why people want you as guest designers, you are very talented

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne.

WELL DONE ON YOUR WIN.
Gorgoeus card, colours are very striking, love the image.
Thanks for joining us SO quickly at MCFC.
Good Luck.
Hugs Angel

Unknown said...

Hi Marianne,
Love this card - wish my hubby liked cards - oh well his loss!! Love those bear images myself - may have to treat myself for Crimbo!!
Hugs
Dawn xx

pinky said...

This is just lovely perfect for the man in your life. We have a white fog everywhere today, very cold but very Christmassy and lovely to see the twinkling christmas tree lights!
Pinky

Pop's Cards said...

This is really pretty i love the image you have coloured him beautifully, the lat out is fab and i love the sentiment, hugs pops x

Carol Ann said...

A very pretty card Marianne I like the colours you have used and the bear image is delightful and beautifully coloured. Thank you for taking part in our challenge at Magical Crafts.

Carol Ann xx

the crafty duck said...

Wow what a fantastic card and quick entry!! Its gorgeous, love the colours which work fabulously with the image, thanks for playing at MCFC love Steph ps congratulations on winning the last challenge!!

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne your card is fantastic! Love the colours you have used and the sentiment. I wish I was as organised as you, still not wrapped any presents yet!
Hugs Lynsey x

dolcreations said...

Marianne this image is adorable and you coloured it perfectly! I love all the work you put into your beautiful Christmas cards! I love the snow on your blog too!
Christine

Anki said...

Just wonderful! Love your blog layout as well! Wishing you a wonderful creative week! Kram - Anki

Lynne in NI said...

Great card Marianne - not surprised hubby loved it!
Sounds like you are all set for Christmas ... can you come over here and give me a hand!
;o)

Lisa H. said...

what a fun card. love the different strips you used. thanks for playing with stamp something.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Marianne - such a cute bear. Thanks for joining us at MCFC - Shell xx

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and what a cute skating teddy.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Jo said...

Another lovely card Marianne and you lucky thing being so organised!! Am still making Christmas cards and have 3 birthdays before Christmas too!! Presents still to buy and wrap and the Christmas tree is in the loft!!! Arghhhhhh!! Just hoping I can finish work on Friday!! Hugs Jo x

Mel X said...

Great bear image and fabulous colours. Love that sentiment - oh well, another die cut to add to the list LOL!! Great job with the layout too

Mel X

Tracey said...

Great card Marianne, that skating bear is great no wonder hubby loved it :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Emma said...

Aw such a super cute card...love the colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Jackie Thomas said...

This is such a sweet card for your husband. You have coloured it perfectly. xo Jackie