Friday 5 February 2010

Pretty in pink and purple


SECOND POST FOR TODAY. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR MY LITTLE TURTLE CARD.
There is a fab sketch at Allsorts where they also have a DT call. I love this little beauty, , and went for my fave colours with this one as it meant I could use my new papers. These new Papermania capsule papers are so scrummy that it is hard to cut into them. Isn't that silly, after all I bought them to use, not just to admire. I decided to try making a flower using my Peony Nestie as I knew it would match the flower in her hat. I used some plain purple paper and the offcut from the backing paper.

Image - Madelynne from the Greeting Farm
Medium - Letraset Promarkers, Black fineliner and white gel pens
Papers - Papermania Capsule Heather and Red Hot pink collections
Tools - Nestabilities labels and peony, MS flower border punch
Flowers - Handmade
Embellishments - bows, gems and brad from stash

12 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Marianne, that's your best card yet!! Love the flower and image is really nice. Jill x

Milnie said...

wow! she is gorgeous and the colors are beautiful! I really loveeeeee your stunning flower!

hugs

Debs said...

Hi Marianne
This is stunning. Love your colour choice. Your flower looks amazing.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck with the DT call.
Take care
Debs xx

Jules said...

Hi Marianne

What a beautiful card.

I love your gorgeous papers and can understand why you didn't want to cut them.

Great image and your flower is brilliant.

Thank you for joining in with Allsorts this week and for your DT application.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

Fab honey love the colours and the flower does match her hat flower really great hugs Pops x x x

scotspanda said...

lovely card Marianne. love the papers :o)

thanks for joining us at Allsorts, good luck with the dt call

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Lynsey said...

Now this is a real wow card Marianne! That flower looks fantastic! Love how you have made it with patterned paper, I might have to pinch that idea!
Hugs Lynsey x

Fern said...

Beautfiul card Marianne, love the purple shades- stunning, and the fake stiching arouynf the edge of the nestie looks fab too...

Fern xx

dolcreations said...

Wow...
you are really doing a fantastic job with all your cards! I LOVE that purple! I can't believe what a beautiful job you did on that flower..holy smokes! Love it! Matches everything so perfectly!

mrsk06 said...

Hi Marianne

What a gorgeous card you've made and i love your colour combo too it all fits perfectly!

Take care

Sal xx

Faye said...

That flower matches Maddie's hat perfectly. I have and love this stamp! This card is super. Hope you have a lovely weekend. x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous card! Beautiful papers and I love the flower.

Lisa x