Sunday 21 March 2010

First DT card for Winter Wonderland


I was so excited to be asked to join Santa's helpers at Winter Wonderland and this is my first DT card. The challenge this week is to create a Christmas/winter scene with an aperture on your card. I'm not terribly happy with this card but I'm sure somebody will appreciate it at Christmas.

We are sponsored this week by Delicious Doodles. Teri gave us all a choice of digi images and I chose Angel and baby Jesus. I created an aperture using a small oval nestie and I stamped a silver star in the aperture. Papers are DCWV. I created the curved paper by using 2 different sized oval nesties. I added lots of glitter to the wings and halos and kept embellies to a minimum with some glitter stars. Keeping the star theme I used my MS star border punch.
Please hop over to the challenge and check out the rest of the DT's cards. We'd love to see your entries and just think how pleased you will be at the end of the year when you haven't got all your Christmas cards to make at once and you could win some of Teri's fab digi images.

11 comments:

Teri said...

Love what you did with this card hun! The image looks fabulous! Great idea to use an aperture NOT to feature the main image. Oh and congrats on the DT post hun - well deserved!
Hugs,
Teri xx

Teri said...

It's such a gorgeous card Marianne ... with a beautiful image :o)

Teri xx

Kazabing said...

Great DT card hunni - it is fabulous.

hugs
Kaza.x

Sue said...

Hi Marianne
gorgeous card, fabby image luv the blue stars, sue,x

downrightcrafty said...

Hiya Marianne, love the colours on this card and those stars are great. Hugs Kate xx

Jill said...

Such a cute card Marianne, love the stars. Jill x

dolcreations said...

I think you should be quite happy with this card! You have done such a gorgeous job! I love the glitter you have placed on the image! Beautifully done Marianne!

Lynda said...

This is fab Marianne and you've put so much thought into the design. Putting the star in the aperture was such a brilliant touch. It's beautiful.

Love Lynda xxx

pinky said...

Don't know why your not happy Marriane this is just so beautiful, gorgeous colours. I am a sucker for religious type christmas cards.
Pinky

Danielle said...

I love your card Marianne! Those stars are gorgeous and the wording on your dp is perfect! Beautiful image and the aperture in the card works wonderfully!
Hugs, Danielle

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, the image is so sweet and the star looks lovely in the aperture
hugs Mandy xx