Friday 16 July 2010

Glittery angels

I am hosting this week's challenge at Winter Wonderland and my challenge is angels and glitter so we want to see some lovely sparkly cards. You could win a $15 certificate to spend at Whimsy stamps. I am really pleased with my card this week, it is the card I would choose to send to myself. The image is WOJ. I decided to use non Christmas papers for a change. I have so many gorgeous papers, which are suitable for any occasion and I wanted some really rich purples for this card. The papers are Papermania heather capsule collection. I added glitter to her wings and dress and punched some glittery holly leaves to add to to the Prima flowers and brads.

There are a lot of other Christmas challenges this week so I am also entering this card into the following challenges.
Sunday sketch and stamp
Magical Crafts Christmas in July
Paper Sundaes Lots of layers
Pear Tree Designs Glitter/sparkle
The Shabby Tea Rooms Christmas in July
Fab 'n' funky Christmas in July
Cute card Thursday Christmas

I have candy on offer in the post above.

21 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Marianne that is a gorgeous WOJ stamp, haven't see that one before. Just love your card, the colours are really nice. Jill x

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all the sparkle and the colours are fab! Thanks for taking part in the Magical Crafts challenge xx

Danielle said...

She's a beautiful angel Marianne! Gorgeous colours and papers and I love the glittery holly leaves!
Hugs, Danielle

Knerten said...

This is lovely; the stamp is just great ! Love her dress, and your colouring makes her indeed sparkle, Marianne !

Debbie said...

Very lovely and sparkly! I {heart} the use of non-traditional colors on your holiday creation! Thanks for sharing your work with us in the Tea Room :)

Karen said...

Gorgeous Marianne, I love that image and the colours you've used too. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
xx

Bananastamper said...

Love the shimmer on your Christmas Card! Glad you could join us at paper Sundaes!

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky said...

Hi Marianne!
Lovely to meet you!!, your cards are just fantastic and this creation is just beautiful. Love the image and the lovely colours you have chosen!!
I am following you too and I will be back later to enter into your lovely candy!!
Take care Vicky xx

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Marianne
She was the best choice really and love that we have the same taste, however I love how you have used the capsule mono papers and coloured her to match, superb colouring and love the glittered wings. I like the darker hair on her too, fabulous.
Have a great weekend hun
Hugs Kate xx

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I'd like to get it too. I love the purple.

Jennifer

Clare Lloyd said...

Love your sparkly angel card. Good luck and thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs. X

HappyCrafter said...

How beautiful! That background ties in perfectly. Glad you joined us at Paper Sundaes :-)

Christine said...

lovely card... love the purple... thanks for playing with us at CCT
christine

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky! xx Jenny xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Very lovely and elegant card. I love your use of purple here and your coloring on that image is fabulous. Love the touches of sparkle, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Crystal said...

So pretty, love all the glitter & purple! Thanks for playing along in our Paper Sundaes "lots of layers" challenge this week :)

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Wow this is a beautiful card! Such a gorgeous colour combo and stunning image.

Have a great weekend.

Lisa x

Lynsey said...

This is so beautiful Marianne! Its a perfect Christmas card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Amanda said...

This is so gorgeous - I love the purple and silver theme, very unusual.

Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful angel image and your coloring is flawless! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSTR! :)