Thursday 16 February 2012

In the Garden

This is my second post for today. Please scroll down for a cute boy's card.

This card was another of the samples I made recently for Jayne at Stamposaurus and I liked it so much that I made a very similar card for a friend for her husband who is a keen gardener. I noticed we have a miniature iris in flower today along with about 5 crocuses. Hardly a magnificent display yet. The other 2 samples were very floral so I made this one with males in mind. The papers are the gorgeous Papermania Hampstead. I die cut the grass and fence with Sizzix dies, coloured the image with Promarkers and used glossy accents on the glass. The sentiment comes with the stamp.

I would like to enter this card into the challenge of In the Garden at Stampalot and Ladybug Crafts Ink Spring is in the Air challenge.

I will be posting my Winter Wonderland card tomorrow evening as I am out at a craft fair and then shopping. I hope you'll join us as we are staring Christmas only challenges from this week and we are starting you off nice and gently with a really easy challenge.

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love this image every time you use it and it looks fab with that grass border
Lisa x

dolcreations said...

I love how you used the fence punch and the grass, it gives such a nice look to your card. I love the image too! Flowers coming up in your garden, wow! I'm so jealous.

Donka said...

love your card marianne. it is gorgous.xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, just perfect for a keen gardner. Love the papers and fab image.
Lyndsey xx

Donna Mosley said...

A lovely card Marianne, love the image and the fence and grass look fab.

Donna x

coops said...

gorgeous card marianne.the grass border is fab and i love the image ;D

xx coops xx

Victoria said...

very pretty thanks for the visit x

Tracy said...

This is Fabulous, great Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Julie said...

Great sentiment and brilliant card! Thanks for sharing it with us Ladybugs for our Spring is in the air challenge,Happy Crafting,Julie.x

Anonymous said...

wow Marianne, this is a lovely card!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

Sandra H said...

Wow what a fabulous image Marianne, it feels almost like sping is in the air!!Sandra H

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, what a fantastic card! Great for a gardener!
Hugs Lynsey x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great garden card lovely colours..fab

Anne

Arline said...

What a great image. Perfect for a gardener xx

pinky said...

Its just gorgeous Marianne, love the grass and fence dies. Thanks for joining us at LADYBUG CRAFTS INK and STAMPALOT.
Pinky

brenda said...

How adorable Marianne and perfect for our theme.

Thank you so much for joining us In the Garden at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again next month.

B x

Catherine said...

This is fab and I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight...

DesignerDiva said...

Fantastic card Marianne and I just love love love that sentiment!
Thanks for joining the Ladybugs at LCI this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Ruth said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing it with us in this month's challenge at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)