Friday 28 December 2012

No stamping again


I do love playing around with bits and pieces sometimes just for a change and recently ordered some ice skate diecuts from eBay. I really like the Marianne ice skates die but don't think I would use it enough to justify the expenditure so buying diecuts instead is a good idea I think. You are probably wondering what that has to do with this card, not an ice skate in sight! Well the lady kindly sent me a white diecut horse as well and I thought it would be perfect for my friends Birthday card. 

We are going to a Christmas show at the Cromer pier theatre this afternoon so hope the weather is nice and we can go for a walk along the prom. Then back to Norwich for a pub meal this evening.

My friend is the one who come for a cardmaking lesson once a month and doesn't like cute so I put together a card which represents her working in an office and her love of horses and visiting county shows etc. The papers are MME Dilly Dally. I added some hessian, string, bulldog clip, the horse which I coloured with DIs, and a Tim Holtz stamped sentiment. I made the notepaper with a single hole punch and scissors.

6 comments:

pinky said...

What a lovely idea, its should mean a lot to her Marianne. Hope you have a lovely day.

Sonia said...

Wonderful card Marianne,love the jute and the papers used,cute horse diecut^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Marianne. I love the die cut horse and gorgeous textures.
hugs Sue

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Marianne, I love the natural colours and that horse diecut is gorgeous :)

Tags xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Marianne, So beautiful is your card and image x

Jackie said...

Wonderful card, full of great textures :o)
Jackie xx